Recently I read an article that discussed how women are often reliant on others to make them happy and in order to break the cycle they should try new things.
Some of the suggestions I agree with such as go on a non-diet, let go of the past, cut the credit card noose and tackling your biggest fear (bugs, heights or asking a guy out.) However, not all the proposed plans are feasible for everyone — only single people can apply or should anyway to the next two, because booking a dream vacation without your spouse or having meaningless sex might cause a few problems in your wedded bliss. To read more visit ivillage.com
Let’s face it we all get stuck in a rut from time to time and we need to change paths to make the most out of our lives. I know there are things in my life that I am not worried about because I don’t diet and I don’t use credit cards, but as a single gal there are things I could do in my life to make it better.
Although the article also suggested every woman should get a “rabbit” I don’t think it’s necessary.
I just took a vacation to a place I have always wanted to visit, but my next planned getaway will be without my teenage son. It will be about a totally “me” retreat. I think we all need a little “me” time in our lives.
The whole point of the story is that women should be doing things for herself. So sister get out there and make life happen. I know that I need to be doing more for myself and when it does I will bring you up to date, but for now here is a list of fun things to do for you.
1. Take a class. Take a cooking, photography or computer class and learn something new.
2. Spend the day at a spa.
3. Vacation at home by visiting all the local hangouts that tourists stop by to see. (When was the last time you went up in the St. Louis Arch or took a hike at Pere Marquette State Park?)
4. Join a book club (If anyone wants to start one let me know, because I think we could have some fun.)
5. Volunteer. It’s a great way to meet new people and feel good about what you’re doing.
6. Invite the gal pals over for dinner and host a wine tasting. It’s more fun than going out and everyone can bring their favorite drink and you get a taste of what they like.
7. Get a new haircut. Yes, change the way you look and change your attitude.
8. Buy a new pair of shoes.
9. Eat somewhere you’ve never been, but have been wanting to try. If you have to go by yourself who cares because it’s all about you anyway.
10. Buy some expensive chocolate that is only for you. If you buy only a few pieces then you are less likely to eat an entire box and know that it truly is a treat.