Did everyone have a nice holiday? I did. I’ve spent the past four days doing pretty much nothing, but for the next six I plan to finish my to do list while I’m on vacation.
With New Year’s right around the corner I know many people will be making resolutions, most of which they cannot keep. The No. 1 of all time is “lose weight.” This year I’m vowing to create a list I know I will be able to complete. I’ve already started working on it.
1. I plan on cleaning out my closet and donating all the clothes and other items I no longer wear to charity.
2. Create menus for the week so that my son and I have a schedule of “what’s for dinner?” It gets hectic with both our schedules and I would like to get a head start.
3. Document my valuables. I need to create a list of all the things I have in case of an emergency.
4. Do something new once a month. Try out new foods or other activity.
5. Do more activities that relieve stress — scrapbooking, reading and painting. It’s amazing how an hour or two lost in such an activity can get rid of tension.
I know I will add more items to my list, but for now it’s a start. I want the resolutions to be ones I know I will keep. I will start with the little things. Then again I can always keep adding to the list.
So what are your New Year’s resolutions.